This dish only requires 3 ingredients (lamb, dijon mustard, and pistachios). The key is to get the temperature right. 145 degrees is for medium rare. I like them to be medium so I took them out of the oven at 150 degrees, and then let them sit for 10 minutes. While they sit, the temperature goes up 5-10 degrees. Make sure you buy “Frenched” lamb chops so that you don’t have to do more work and trim meat.
- 2 Cups Pistachio Nuts – Processed
- 1/2 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 Rack of Lamb – “Frenched”
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 40 degrees, rack in the middle
- Heat a saute pan with 2 TBS Canola Oil on med-high heat
- Add the lamb, meat side down, and sear for 3 minutes
- Turn and sear bone side down for another 3 minutes
- Remove the lamb chops from the heat and brush with Dijon Mustard
- Dip the lamb with dijon into the finely pulsed pistachio nuts
- Place on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes
- Check the temperature after 10 minutes has gone by to make sure you are not going to over cook them
- Once you hit 150 degrees (if you want medium), take them out of the oven and let them rest for 10 minutes
- Slice and serve.