This is my favorite hash recipe that I’ve made to date. I’ve been on a chorizo kick – it sort of caramelizes when slow cooking and that flavor melts into the potatoes for an awesome flavor. There is nothing better than sunny side up eggs over a hash. Easy recipe!
- 3 Chorizo Links – Casing removed
- 1 Russet Potato – Cut into small cubes
- 1/2 Onion – Chopped
- 1 Garlic cloves – Chopped
- 1 TBS Fresh Parsley – Chopped
- 1 TBS Scallions – Chopped
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 1 tbs canola oil in a pan on medium heat and add chorizo. Break apart as it cooks.
- Cook chorizo for 10 minutes until its cooked through (you will add it back to the pan to cook more so don’t worry if it’s a tad undercooked) then set aside in a small bowl.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the potatoes to the same pan you sautéed the chorizo in. I drain a small amount of the oil from the chorizo, but I keep most of it in there since that enhances the flavor of the potatoes.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper, then add chopped onion. Cook 5 for minutes, mixing every 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, mix around, then cook another 3 minutes
- Add chorizo back into the pan, add parsley, mix, then place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven, top with fresh scallions and serve.