I love the zucchini pizza crust so I wanted to give this one a shot. Here are a few tips: Don’t make the pizza too large. You want it to be 10-12″ otherwise you won’t be able to pick it up and eat it like a regular pizza crust. Go light on the toppings…I clearly didn’t in the picture because I was so hungry, but the less weight, the easier it will be to eat and hold together. I sprayed parchment paper with non-stick oil spray, or you can brush olive oil. Next time, I may just use a non stick baking sheet and skip the parchment paper.
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 TBS Parmesan Cheese
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Goat Cheese
- 1 Bundle Swiss Chard
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 Sausages
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce (I use Pastene Kitchen Ready)
For the Pizza Crust:
- Peel the skin off the potato, dice it into 1 inch cubes, and food process it until it is the texture of coarse salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl, and mix with the egg, flour, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder (also salt/pepper to taste).
- Arrange a non stick baking sheet, brushed with 1-2 TBS olive oil, and place the potato mixture in the center.
- Take a piece of parchment paper over the potato mixture, and spread evenly into a circle about 10-12″ in diameter and about 1/4 inch thick.
- Bake 20 minutes until the edges are brown.
- Take the pizza out, add the pizza sauce.
- Add the sausage and Swiss chard.
- Finish with goat cheese.
- Place back in oven for 10 minutes until cheese is melted and serve.
For the Swiss Chard
- Rinse, and dry thoroughly.
- Slice the greens off the center stem.
- Roughly chop the greens.
- Heat a sauté pan with 1 TBS olive oil.
- Add 1 clove chopped garlic to the pan, sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the greens, season with salt and pepper.
- cook 2-3 minutes on medium heat until wilted and set aside.
For the Sausage:
- Peel the casing off.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat with 1 TBS olive oil.
- Cook the sausages, breaking apart until no pink shows – about 15 minutes.
- Set aside.