Homemade tomatillo salsa is easy, tasty, and GOOD. I fill the corn tortillas with the turkey meat, and then add Monterey and colby jack cheese on top, then throw it in the broiler for 2 minutes to melt. Top it off with the tomatillo salsa and you have some tasty tacos!
- 1 Package Ground Turkey
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 White Onion – Diced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro – Chopped
- 8 Tomatillos – Halved
- 1 Jalapeno – Halved/Seeded
- 1/4 Red Onion
- Canola Oil
- 6-8 Corn Tortillas
- Heat Oven to 400 degrees .
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spread 2 TBS olive oil across the foil.
- Place tomatillos, jalapeno, and red onion on the baking sheet and coat with the oil.
- Season with salt/pepper, and bake for 20 minutes – Flipping halfway through.
- After 20 minutes, transfer ingredients on baking sheet to a food processor and puree.
- Transfer the tomatillo blend into a sauce pan on low heat and simmer while you cook the turkey meat.
- Heat a non stick skillet on medium-high with 1 TBS canola oil and add the ground turkey meat.
- Cooked until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add contents of taco seasoning and 2/3 cup water to the turkey meat.
- Incorporate seasoning into turkey and simmer until water is almost entirely evaporated.
- Heat corn tortillas and then fill with ground turkey.
- Fill each turkey with cheese, then melt under a broiler for 2 minutes (optional).
- Top with tomatillo salsa, cilantro, onion and serve.