I used chicken tenders in this recipe instead of chicken breast and it worked out – just make sure to remove the tendons. I don’t have the recipe for the red quinoa below, but all I did was purchase Wegman’s Red Quinoa and followed the instructions on the box.
- 1 Pack of Chicken Tenders – tendons removed
- 1 Cup Flour
- 3 Lemons – Juiced
- Lemon Zest from 1/2 of a Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley – Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Minced
- 1 Shallot – Minced
- 2 Cups White Mushrooms – Chopped
- 1.5 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup white wine
- Season the tenders with salt pepper then coat with flour in a ziplock bag.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium-high heat with 1 TBS butter and 1 TBS Olive Oil and add tenders.
- Brown tenders on each side – approximately 4 minutes a side, then remove from the pan.
- Add 1 TBS olive oil into the same pan on med-high heat, and add the mushrooms. Season with salt/pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Shallots – Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add Garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine, and cook the wine down for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add Chicken stock and lemon juice – mix together with a spoon.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and let the sauce reduce/thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken tenders back to the pan and finish cooking them, then garnish with fresh parsley and serve.