- 1 Can/15 oz Black Beans
- 1 White Onion – Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic – Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno – Seeded, Chopped
- 1 TBS Chili Powder
- 1 TBS Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Cilantro – Chopped
- Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese to top off
- Heat 2 TBS Olive Oil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add 1/2 of the chopped onions and jalapeño- cook about 3-5 minutes until they sweat.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add Black Beans (with liquid from the can).
- Add Chili Powder and Cumin
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, mash the black beans and cook simmer another 5 minutes
- Transfer to a small bowl, top with cheese, cilantro, some of the remaining onion, and serve.