- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Cup Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 1 TSP Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Pancetta – Diced
- 1/2 Box of Spaghetti
- In a large pot, boil water to cook spaghetti.
- Meanwhile, in a non stick skillet on medium/high heat, add pancetta and cook 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Set pancetta aside, keep drippings in pan, turn heat off.
- Boil pasta until al dente, make sure to salt the water before adding pasta!
- While the pasta is cooking, add 3 egg yolks, and pecorino Romano cheese in a bowl and mix together. Add 1 TSP crushed black pepper. Set aside.
- In the pan you cooked pancetta in, turn the heat back onto medium, add 1 ladle of pasta water, then add the spaghetti and stir for 15 seconds to release the starch from the pasta.
- Add 1 more ladle of pasta water, and take the pan OFF the heat.
- Add the egg yolk/cheese mixture and pancetta, and stir.
- You should see a sauce form from the egg yolks/cheese mixing with the pasta water. If you need more water – add it until it’s the consistency you want.
- Serve after mixing for 1 minute, top with more cheese if desired.
For videos of this being made, go to Instagram page ‘Wesaygravy’ and you will find it under the ‘highlights’ section.