This is one of my favorite recipes for salmon. I intended to make pistachio crusted salmon that night, but didn’t realize I had almonds instead. The key here is to not burn the almonds when you are cooking the fish in the pan – keep an eye on it!
- 1 Filet Salmon, No Skin
- 1/2 Cup Almonds processed or finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
- 2 TBS Honey
- 1 TBS Soy Sauce
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 Scallion Chopped (Or Chives)
- Clean Salmon, pat dry, and coat with olive oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Mix almonds and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix honey and soy sauce.
- Dip the flesh side (the side the skin was NOT on) into the almond mixture.
- Heat a sauté pan on medium heat with 1 TBS oil until hot.
- Place Salmon, almond side down on pan and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Flip Salmon and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place salmon on a plate, and drizzle with soy sauce/honey mixture.
- Top with scallions and serve.