I could eat tacos every night – it’s one of my favorite meals. Sometimes I like to get rid of the carbs and turn it into a taco salad with iceberg lettuce, or with lettuce wraps. No dressing needed here as it’s just mild salsa, sour cream, and mashed avocado mixed together. It’s a great meal that gets protein, veggies, and greens in!
- 5-10 Grape Tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Package 90% Ground Beef
- 1 Can Sliced Olives
- 1 Jalapeno – Halved & Sliced
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Big Spoonfuls of Sour Cream (Sorry – I don’t do the ounce thing)
- 2 Big Spoonfuls of Mild Salsa
- 1/2 Iceberg Lettuce Chopped
- 1 Scallion Chopped
- 2 TSP Cumin
- 2 TSP Chili Powder
- Heat a sauté pan with 1 TSP Canola Oil until hot and add ground beef
- Drain the fat of the ground beef when it’s browned, then add 2 TSP Cumin, 2 TSP Chili Powder, 1 TBS Black Pepper, 1 TBS Salt, and 1/3 cup of water and stir
- Simmer until the water has evaporated and the ground beef is mixed with the spiced – set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped iceberg lettuce
- Add Tomatoes, Red Onion, Black Beans, Jalapeños, Olives
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado and add 1 tsp salt – mix
- Add salsa, sour cream, and avocado to the middle of the bowl on top of the lettuce
- Top with scallions
- Mix and serve.